Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Overwhelming sense of calmness

For most people pulling up to a local coffee shop to meet a complete stranger sends a surge of nervousness through them.  Well for me it was different.  I wasn't worried about the fact that I didn't even know what the face looked like I was supposed to be meeting to start our home study process.  I was calm, collected and excited to meet my new friend!  Even though I had never met our social worker, I felt like knew her because of all the wonderful things other people had said about her.  She was just as great as they had said.

I prayed on my way to our meeting that this would be the start of a wonderful working relationship and that it would be a smooth process that brings us one step closer to our Russian Princess.  Really, we just talked about my family and the process.  Thankfully I am blessed and have a normal family, and we all have pretty good relationships with eachother so that made it easy to talk about and I didn't have to explain anything weird.  Jeremy gets his chance to meet alone with her Tuesday, so he will be the real test of how easy this is.  I am a bit bias, because I like to talk!

We are praying for our child daily and we know that God has chosen just the right baby out there for us to love and call our own.  I had a personal experience this weekend that really struck me deep with adoption.  I am not a real emotional person but situation brought a moment of fear and tears that  made me wonder if I am equipped to emotionally handle all aspects of adoption.  I just have to be thankful for those mothers that are so selfless and know they need to provide a better life for their child, even when it seems hard to comprehend why God would even let them concieve a child if we can't.  I know that is a bit deep for some, but it is sitting heavy on my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment